Our Hospital Checklist is an amazing list which will help you and your birthing partner prepare for the arrival of your little human. Whether it’s your first child or not, our detailed checklist will ensure you have everything you need to make the birth as smooth sailing as possible.
- Documents And Paperwork
- Your birth plan and maternity notes
- An old nightdress or a shirt to wear during labour.
- Pyjamas or a nightgown (one that opens in the front if you’re planning on breastfeeding)
- A robe or dressing gown
- Warm socks
- Slippers or flat slip-on shoes
- Plenty of comfortable underwear
- Casual clothes, including front opening tops for breastfeeding. Take loose fitting or maternity clothes
- Breastfeeding bras
- Clothing for the trip home—make sure you select items that are roomy and comfortable
- A toiletry bag with: a hairbrush/body wash/shampoo/conditioner/moisturiser/deodorant/toothbrush/toothpaste
- A face wash and Lip balm
- Massage oil or lotion if you’d like to be massaged during your labour
- A hair-tie or headband to keep your hair out of your way during birth
- Contact lenses may need to be removed prior to a C-section. So pack your eye glasses, if required
- Maternity sanitary pads
- Absorbent breast pads
- If needed, medicare card and/or private health insurance card
- Camera and/or video with batteries and/or a charger
- Light snacks and drinks for during the labour
- Items to help you relax and pass the time, such as music, books or magazines.
- A list of important phone numbers, including family, friends, older children’s carers/school
- Change for parking, and the phone. Mobile phones are usually not permitted in some hospital areas
- A watch or clock with a second hand for timing contractions
- If having a water birth, swimwear for your birthing partner, if you want to join the mum to be in a birth pool
Leaving the hospital is a special moment for you and your family. It is important to pre-plan a cute but warm outfit you want to take your baby home in. Our cocobabyboxes are the perfect organic baby clothes option with lots of unisex options too!
AdditionalDON’T FORGET – Your baby must travel home from the hospital in a suitable infant car set, which for newborns is a rear-facing capsule. Make sure you have a capsule correctly installed in plenty of time.